1. Hello!
    To see the content of this page, you need to be signed in to our website.

You can sign in or sign up at: https://www.shadowxcraft.net/login/
    Dismiss Notice

Is Shadowxcraft Falling Apart?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by takecsre, Mar 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. takecsre

takecsre
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    5:37 PM
    Hello, Meme queen here. I'd like to address something that has been happening for the past couple of weeks. Since the announce of 1.9 being implemented into SXC. The server has not been active as much. Obviously it could be for other reasons due to school ect.. but I miss the old days, The days when there would be 70-80 Players on DURING school time. It just isn't the same. People fighting over a BLOCK GAME. For example I would come onto KitPvP and as soon as someone gets killed or 'cleaned up' a argument happens then a few days later someone would bring it back up making MORE drama. People have been leaving the server for other big servers. I feel like that not just the SXC community but the whole Minecraft community in general has been so pressured to get the best PvP stats, the best elo ect. It is kind of like real life society, Girls have to be pretty, Boys have to be all muscular and that. When Mojang confirmed that 1.9 will remove blocking and implementing shields and the cool down on the tools, people went crazy, don't get me wrong I did at first but then I thought at the end of the day this is just a sandbox game designed for 7+ year olds and we are getting all worked up over a little thing like a cool down, its ridiculous how a game can get people so angry.

Back onto SXC maybe people should just accept that shadow is going to have 1.9 implemented whether people like it or not, at the end of the day Minecraft is just a game created for building and mining, and just having fun.

gmmc88, lizardfreak321, Smxck and 6 others like this.
  2. rJayT2

rJayT2
    Expand Collapse
    Rule Breakers' Worst Nightmare
    Staff Member Moderator Shadow

Local Time:
    12:37 PM
    Oh my, I was just going to create a thread decrying that SXC is 'going downhill'. But I couldn't have said it better. While I disagree that it's just a block game (I take it a bit more seriously than that) people's hate of 1.9 is not well founded at all. They also don't realize that 'big' servers will change to 1.9 as well one day.

3. WafDan

WafDan
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Retired

Local Time:
    9:37 AM
    Yea the announce could've scared some people off, but we removed delays
    Well.. Currently school is a reason, but then we have drama currently. Also scarrying people off.

Yea.. The person who starts it.. And won't stop.. Dumb but it should be taken care of.
    We removed hit delay, we still listen to suggestions.
    Well Minecraft for servers have grown to do several things, which is cool. But the drama starters makes it worse.

4. WafDan

WafDan
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Retired

Local Time:
    Agreed

5. WafDan

WafDan
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Retired

Local Time:
    Multiple staff break staff rules technically. But oh well and they feel.

6. takecsre

takecsre
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    The plugins that servers use may discontinue older updates but players don't realise that and that is the problem.

7. BLOCKYGIRL122

BLOCKYGIRL122
    Expand Collapse
    Hero

Local Time:
    6:37 PM
    Do u know that mtaejplaysMC causes drama ,mhe sais he is ten then he starts sayeng bad things about having a problem , when they do not, then ppl start sayeng im reporting ubthen he gets muted and then he sais i was muted for sayeng hi

8. _The_Pumpkin_

_The_Pumpkin_
    Expand Collapse
    Hero Retired

Local Time:
    If you have proof of this, then report him in the REPORT Section

9. lizardfreak321

lizardfreak321
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Owner Founder

Local Time:
    I love it when players are active. The perfect server size is 100 players peak on an average day and 150 on weekends. Exactly a month ago we hit 130. It obviously just fell flat. There are several hypothesized reasons for it:
    1. Lent - Last year we hit 120 the day after lent ended which was the best of 2015 I think. That's this Friday.
    2. 1.9 - A combination of players who LOVE 1.9 leaving to servers that are already 1.9, some people losing hope in Minecraft as a whole, and some people losing hope for us because we said we plan on updating. 1.9 isn't that bad to be honest. It's highly customizable for server owners to make the experience best for the players.
    3. School - Some people's trimesters just started, and others are hard at work just getting their work done. It's hard for me to track global vacations and days off.
    4. The Drama - I hate Drama. I'll talk about it later.
    Yeah it's a block game, with PVP and a gigantic community.

I'm getting really tired of the arguments. I really don't have any control over them and the drama. They're people. I can mute the chat or a player, it helps, but it doesn't really help the community, it just forces that one person to not publicly display their drama. I have had to deal with Drama since I started the server in 2013, and it's absolutely stupid how dramatic people can get. I personally only debate my point (@rJayT2 can confirm), but I never really get heated unless the other person is really getting out of hand or some other really bad thing happened. I have had to deal with several staff that don't help, then complain when I did it my way because they didn't help. I have also had to deal with staff abuse. If you think the staff abuse, they're a whole lot better than several of the staff I had from 2013 to mid 2014. If a staff abuses, we talk things out and hopefully they won't do it again. If it happens too much we will demote them. Report staff if they abuse (Through a conversation with me and the admins, unless an admin abused). If they abuse when i'm not around I have no way to find out unless someone tells me.
    If any of you think of practical ways for us to stop the drama, this isn't a bad place to put it. Please tag me since I do not get notifications in off-topic. But seriously none of you should blame me for the drama. I don't start drama; I can't stand drama.

Several staff have left as I saw commented in one of those screenshots. Some lost interest in minecraft (Like JennyBeary), some are far too busy with school (Like _JordyJA__, and in some cases we needed to demote because they weren't active enough or never enforce the SXC rules. It's a pretty constant cycle- Just look at the "Retired" section. 18 staff that have left that have forums accounts. Several have left (Mostly 2013-2014) and don't have forums accounts.

To sum things up, it's a cycle that repeats itself. This is at least the fourth time this has happened.
    I can't change human nature.

10. gmmc88

gmmc88
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    I was going to make a thread like this as well. I was alos going to have a very long post, but I think that this sums the entire thing up:

We've never quite recovered from the "ItzPower" incedent.

I know, it's taboo to talk about, but once you connect the dots, you'll realize that everything truly has gone downhill from there.
    I was playing on this server for quite a while (#lavahublagOP #/kill #sgice), and took a hiatus for the 14-15 school year (I left around the implementation of mumble... I think the server wan't hosted back then). I've come back to a stronger community than before, and it welcomed me back quite nicely.
    But then that happened, and the drama began. I think with forums, however, the drama is projected to a larger audience. SxC is the only reason why I (barely) play minecraft anymore.
    Rather than talk about problems, let's use this thread to present solutions.
    Rather than label all subtle disagreements "drama" and allowing it to escalate from there, call it just that: a disagreement
    I haven't been a part of the "drama", but I've been a bystander and I say it's gone far enough
    Finally don't allow your personal life here. If you're unhappy irl, I understand, but don't take it out on others.
    Thanks, leah, for starting this thread
    On that note, I will end

~/gmmc88

11. Purplesim

Purplesim
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    11:37 AM
    Since when did the server fall apart? just because the "1.9" is out does not make it right to leave this server

rJayT2 and MakerKitty like this.
  12. lizardfreak321

lizardfreak321
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Owner Founder

Local Time:
    The new PVP is significantly more skill based.
    The staff aren't very bias, but we take previous rule breaks into consideration.
    Only a few staff are bias, specifically they are less likely to punish a friend.

13. rJayT2

rJayT2
    Expand Collapse
    Rule Breakers' Worst Nightmare
    Staff Member Moderator Shadow

Local Time:
    Not me. /ban lizardfreak321

Infehh, gmmc88, X1X_ and 1 other person like this.
  14. X1X_

X1X_
    Expand Collapse
    Helper
    Staff Member Developer

Local Time:
    LOLOL

WafDan likes this.
  15. WafDan

WafDan
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Retired

Local Time:
    You did it wrong, /gbanip lizardfreak321, we can ban his sister as well! >:D

Infehh likes this.
  16. Hungry_Barbarian

Hungry_Barbarian
    Expand Collapse
    Retired

Local Time:
    If by "pay to win" you mean that the only way to win is to donate then you are wrong. People DO donate and people DO use donor kits but 85% of donors continue to use basic. They donate for the sole purpose of helping the server.

rJayT2 and X1X_ like this.
  17. Hungry_Barbarian

Hungry_Barbarian
    Expand Collapse
    Retired

Local Time:
    People dont seem to understand that we will be disabling the hit delay in Kit 3.0 . We have told players this numerous times yet they do not want to listen and still complain about it.

DestroyerBoy_, X1X_, rJayT2 and 2 others like this.
  18. gmmc88

gmmc88
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    Veering off topic...

19. Hungry_Barbarian

Hungry_Barbarian
    Expand Collapse
    Retired

Local Time: